Friday, September 30, 2011

"In Burma" Simondav's photos around Rangoon, Myanmar (myanmar singapore bank account)

Preview of Simondav's blog at TravelPod. Read the full blog here: www.travelpod.com This blog preview was made by TravelPod using the TripAdvisor™ TripWow slideshow creator. Entry from: Rangoon, Myanmar Entry Title: "In Burma" Entry: "Had an early start this morning at 6.00 am as my flight is a 9.40am departure. Uneventful flight but some wonderful scenery as we passed over some of the rivers flowing into the Bay of Bengal. The coastline was made up of thousands of little islets and islands and the combined effect when seen from a plane at altitude was of gazing down on something like a water lily pond. Arrived at Rangoon, the old terminal there looks like a throwback to colonial times as does much of the architecture in central Rangoon. Went through immigration with no problems, and a taxi driver approached me and asked me which hotel I wanted to goto. I had in mind a place I'd selected from the lp, but he claimed to know of a place located in downtown Rangoon where he could get me a good discount called the Asia Plaza. The hotel was a 3 star place and the room was only $20 which seemed a bargain. My room was on the tenth floor with great views of central Rangoon, the giant gold stupa of the Shwedagon Padoga shimmering in the middle distance. After a quick brush-up I took a walk around Rangoon. Visited the Sole Padoga which is the most famous Pagoda in Rangoon after the Shwedagon. Its situated in a traffic island in the center of the main traffic intersection in central ...



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bwi4IdHk0_M&hl=en

Last Minute Flights Cheap Hotels in Orlando

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts