Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Travel by Flight Cheap and Comfortably - General Tips

My last trip was so uncomfortable that I returned home annoyed at myself for choosing that flight, I also wondered just how to avoid that kind of experience next time. I shared my experience with some friends and as we swapped stories, we discovered that this was not exactly an isolated occurrence. The question became; how do get to make our flight cheap and yet comfortable? No one really wants to clean out is saving on account of having a single air trip. Believe it or not, this was issue was taken seriously by all of us, at least enough for me to appoint be appointed to come up with the means of achieving this goal.

I talked to a friend who travels a great deal by air as the demands of his job are quite high. We met for lunch...more like I bought him lunch in order to coax the answers I needed out of him. Richard...that is my friend's name was very frank in telling me his methods. According to him, more often than not, he travels using the budget airlines as their fares are consistently low when compared with the high class airlines. Airlines like Southwest have carved a niche in the budget airline market and yet provide good service. There are other airlines in that market of course. They do not have the regular in-flight service but if you are doing a short haul, why do you have to get a massage or a three course meal? Visit their website and see what they have to offer. Richard told me that he usually gets good prices from their site.

One other thing that Richard chipped in was the need to make a booking directly as this is sometimes responsible for some kind of bad experiences during travelling. He pointed out my experience as one such case. If I had booked through the airline directly, my frustrations would have been taken care of but having booked some external sites, the airline could not attend to me above those who booked directly. Plus, it is usually cheaper to book through the airline's own booking portal as there are no fees charged. Well, I guess those tips on how to get a flight cheap were worth the lunch.

The next person I spoke to was my mom. She is another bargain hunter and always seems to get better deal than me. Mom and I spoke over tea. First off according to mom is that she makes her own decisions without listening to the travel gurus. The sixth sense she has developed is a result of taking time to check things out instead of just listening to what people say. So, point number, research and get your own facts. She ALWAYS asks for details to draw out the hidden which sometimes overshadows the so-called low rate. Additionally, she follows the low tide; when the customer traffic is low, airlines tend to lower their prices so watch out for evenings and midweek periods she advised me. Wow, the tea and lunch were certainly worthwhile.

fortlauderdale-florida indoorwaterpark

1 comments:

  1. Now I always make my travel comfortable and affordable because of cheap international air ticket, thanks for this post.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts