Monday, April 23, 2012

My Online Life As a Student

I don't even watch TV anymore. I know that that's a little strange, given the one hundred and one channels on TV and my love of the boob tube, but I just said it: No TV. Not anymore, since my life has gone all online (sounds geeky, I know). The Internet is where I watch, write, read, shop, and shop for online discounts. It's where I do most of what I do, to be more precise about it.

All of us live in the so-called digital age; as for me - well, do I ever. Because of the constantly evolving IT landscape, privacy and connection to me are not mutually exclusive at all. I am not attached to my computer at all, but Google, YouTube, Amazon, Wikipedia, photo streams, social networking sites, virtual shopping carts and free shipping offers - I find that all of it is absolute genius. I've got to admit that. Of course, using the Internet, I am also able to learn about places, events, people, arts, and culture - without having to leave my chair.

I also keep an online public journal. Yes, folks. A blog. Which I regularly update with musings, photos, chronicles of my life as a student, the latest finds and online discounts from my shopping adventures on the Internet. And which generates a lot of interest and comments from young people like me. It's like sharing our personal stories and adventures with each other, all while defying physical distance and bridging the gap.

I use an Apple Macbook Air to update my blog, but of course I can't help but snoop around other blogs to see what other people are thinking, saying, watching, and buying. Meanwhile, I also upload the pictures I have taken with both my Sony Cyber Shot DSC-T50 and my Kodak Easy Share. (These cameras are really handy because they fit anywhere.) You see, I like to offer people a glimpse of what goes on in my life - the academic, the simple, the artistic, the behind-the-scenes, the behind-the-aisles, the virtual and online, the authentic. The real me in a virtual world.

My laptop also has plenty of other uses other than blogging. Or searching for online discounts. It is, after all, important for me to stay connected with family and friends. And technology has made my life convenient in this regard. I have a built-in webcam on my laptop and I go on Skype to do audio-video chat with families, classmates, relatives, and other friends here and abroad.

I am a delighted consumer of technology's neat new tools alright. My laptop is always with me in class, and I use it to take notes with ease and get down everything that my teacher is saying. I also use the Internet to research on materials for my essays, book reports, and other projects.

As a carefree, rolling stone kind of person, I also conduct other kinds of research online: cheap hotels and plane tickets, guides to essay-writing, online discounts for popular brands and products. I go online just to see what's going on out there. Whether I am at home or in school, well - I am always connected.

My Online Life As a Student

Cheap Air Tickets

Vacation Resorts and Spa

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts